Conductor and Artistic Director: The Facade Ensemble (2012 - )
Specialising in 20th century chamber music through engaging programming. Promoted by Odradek Records and covered in the Guardian, Classic FM and Pianist Magazine, recent concerts include touring Schoenberg and Berg to Sheldonian Theatre Oxford, Cadogan Hall London and West Road Concert Hall, Cambridge in February 2017. The past 12 months have also included critically acclaimed performances of Stockhausen; and a UK tour of Pärt’s Passio. Previous projects have included operas by Britten, Nyman, and Weir.
Choral Conducting & Choir Tutor / Lecturer: Morley College (2016 - )
Responsibilities include choir training and conducting over multiple ensembles. Recent highlights include the Brahms Requiem, Bach Christmas Oratorio and the Martin Mass for Double Choir.
Conductor: Ipswich Chamber Choir (2018 - )
Annual concert series of performances, workshops and tours. Recent highlights include the Bach B Minor Mass with the Geldart Ensemble.
Musical Director: Moving Chamber Choir (2018 - )
Annual concert series of performances, workshops and tours - recently to Salzburg.
Conductor: Our Lady Of The Rosary & St Dominic, Haverstock Hill (2018 - )
A large Catholic church and Diocesan Shrine served by the Dominican Friars. It serves as a Diocesan Shrine for the Archdiocese of Westminster, welcoming pilgrims from all over the United Kingdom as well as visitors from across the globe. The choir sings a weekly Sunday Mass and for major feasts and Holy Days.
Conductor/Tutor: London Youth Conservatoire (2019 - )
Saturday Morning Music Programme for children aged 4 - 18. Responsibilities include running choirs, the school orchestra, supervising chamber music sessions, and tutoring musicianship skills.
Conductor: West Kent County Youth Orchestra and String Orchestra (2019 - )
Leading the termly cycle of rehearsals, concerts, residentials, and tours. Recent repertoire includes Sibelius 2.
Musical Director: Stowmarket Chorale (2020 - )
Annual season of concerts. Highlights include Verdi Requiem and Handel Messiah.
Conductor: Rose Opera (2020 - )
Productions of Der fliegende Holländer and Simon Boccanegra.
- 2020: Rose Opera
- 2019: Cambridge Chorale, Aurai Quartet, Geldart Ensemble, Lydian Orchestra, Lydian Training Orchestra, The Chris Ingham Trio, Southbank Sinfonia, British Youth Opera, Rietman Singers, St John the Divine Kennington, Royal Academy Choir, Stowmarket Chorale, UBS Choir, AON Choir.
- 2018: Berlin Sinfonietta, Halstead Choral Society, St Dominic's Haverstock Hill
- 2017: St Stephen’s Gloucester Road, St Nicholas' Shepperton, I Dodici, The Hollywell Consort, Brighton Festival Chorus, Bury Symphony Orchestra, The Esterhazy Choir.
- 2016: Cambridge Graduate Orchestra, RNCM String Ensemble, Ely Cathedral Choir.
Assistant Conductor with British Youth Opera (2019)
Scoring a Century by David Blake and directed by Keith Warner. Role included Chorus Mastering, repetiteur work, vocal coaching, assisting Lionel Friend, and conducting the matinee performances.
Assistant to Johannes Wildner (2018)
- "Benedict assisted me in a CD recording period with the BBC CO, including compositions by Walter Braunfels with very complicated and complex scores and I have to say, that he was a really big help, not only for me but also for the musicians in the orchestra as well as for the producer."
Director of Choral Music: Tonbridge Grammar School (2018 - 2020)
Responsibilities include running the school's choirs for a range of performances each term (both external and internal), as well as running 'Music Mondays' group singing sessions in year group assemblies. Performances have included concerts, services, and also being selected to perform at finals of national competitions and festivals.
Chief Conductor: Cambridge University Graduate Orchestra (2016 - 2018)
Full season of concerts and outreach performances including world premiere commissions alongside symphonies, concertos and collaborations with choral societies, children's choirs, and a ballet company.
CBSO Chorus (2018)
- Shadowing Simon Halsey on Debussy's Le Martyre de saint Sébastien.
The Royal Opera House (2016)
- Shadowing Mark Elder through rehearsals and performances of Chabrier's L'étoile.
- Shadowing Antonio Pappano on Boris Godunov.
- Shadowing Ingo Metzmacher on The Nose
Vocal, Choral & General Musicianship Coach: HMDT Music (2017 - 2018)
Youth music project twice winner of the Royal Philharmonic Society Award for Education. Specialising in Musical Theatre and incorporating choral and musicianship training as well as individual coaching (vocal, instrumental, and conducting).
Tenor Lay Clerk: Ely Cathedral (2015 - 2017)
- Singing the regular cycle of Cathedral services. Regular tours, recordings and broadcasts.
The King's School, Ely: Music Theory/Chorister Tutor (2014-15)
- Classroom teaching, music theory tutoring, running several school ensembles, frequent experience as Acting Head of Music, pastoral responsibilities at choristers' boarding house, coaching junior rowing.
Cambridge University Symphony Orchestra: Chief Conductor (2013-15)
- Highlights inc. symphonies by Sibelius & Beethoven; concertos by Finzi & Chopin; ballet music by Tchaikovsky & Prokofiev; the 3rd UK performance of Lindberg's ‘EPXO’ and a sell out performance of Beethoven Symphony No. 9 as part of the orchestra's anniversary celebrations.
University of Cambridge (2011-15)
- Conductor of Cambridge University Concert Orchestra (2013 - 2014)
- Conductor of Cambridge University Wind Orchestra (2013 - 2014)
- Cambridge University New Music Ensemble (2012 - 2015)
- Cambridge University Opera Society (2012)
- Pembroke College Orchestra (2011 - 2012)
St. Peter's Church, Didcot: Organist and Choirmaster (2010-11)
- Regular cycle of sung Eucharists and Evensongs with repertoire from the 16th to the 21st century.
2019: West End debut conducting British Youth Opera
Feb 2017: Conducting debut at Cadogan Hall
June 2015: Debut at Carnegie Hall
Feb 2014: Conducts 3rd UK performance of Lindberg's 'EXPO'
2013: Appointed Scholar of the Queen's Conducting Programme
2013: Awarded CUMS conducting scholarship
2011: Awarded Instrumental Award Scholarship for chamber music (piano) from Cambridge University.
Academic research and writing
Academic and Instrumental Tutoring
Conversational in French
Basic knowledge of Spanish
Pembroke College, University of Cambridge
- BA(Hons) in Music (2011 - 2014) including first class marks for composition and dissertation on Stockhausen.
- MA Graduation March 2018
Conducting Courses and Master Classes
Prof. Johannes Wildner (Vienna University of Music and Arts) (2018)
- Including Competition success leading to concert with RNCM students.
Sherborne Summer School: The George Hurst Advanced Conductors' Course (2014)
Rodolfo Saglimbeni, Denise Ham, Toby Purser.
Queens' College Conducting Programme: Conducting Scholar (2013-14)
Carlos Izcaray: Masterclass (2014)
Peter Stark: Conducting Course (2013)
Andrew Gourlay: Masterclass (2013)
- Dip.ABRSM in Music Direction
- Shortlisted for the course prize.
Other Musical Experience
2010 - present
2010 - present