Conductor and Artistic Director: The Facade Ensemble (2012 - )
Currently Ensemble in Residence at The Courtauld Institute of Art.Specialising in 20th century chamber music through engaging programming. Promoted by Odradek Records and covered in the Guardian, Classic FM, Evening Standard, and Pianist Magazine, recent concert venues range from old warehouses to the Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford and Cadogan Hall.
Musical Director: Bath Bach Choir (2023 - )
Bath Bach Choir is a spirited group of 90 musicians renowned for bringing joy, passion and precision to everything we perform. We embrace a broad and exciting repertoire from the great sacred works of Bach and other choral masters to the cool secular motets of contemporary composers. The choir gave its first performance in 1947 and we have just celebrated our 75th anniversary year as a thriving, friendly and vibrant society.
Musical Director: Bury Bach Choir (2023 - )
The Bury St Edmunds Bach Choir, known to all as the Bury Bach Choir, was founded in 1932 to perform the great choral masterpieces at our concerts in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. We’re the largest of several choirs in Bury St Edmunds, and one of the leading choral societies in East Anglia, and we're proud of our history and our central position in the cultural life of the region.
Conductor: Ipswich Chamber Choir (2018 - )
Since its formation in 1984, Ipswich Chamber Choir has established a reputation for a high standard of performance. We employ a professional Music Director and Assistant Music Director, and we engage professional soloists and instrumentalists to perform at least three concerts a year in and around Ipswich.
Conductor: West Kent County Youth Orchestra (2019 - )
WKYO is an advanced classical orchestra led by engaging and inspiring music leader Benedict Collins-Rice, the orchestra explores traditional orchestral repertoire including popular film scores and seasonal favourites. The orchestra is the perfect place for talented musicians who are keen to have the full orchestral experience and progress their skills in a supportive and fun environment. You will have the opportunity to perform three times a year for friends and family.
Members come from schools across West Kent every week, forging new musical connections and making friends in our diverse and friendly group.
Conductor: Rose Opera (2020 - )
Rose Opera promotes and produces operas to the highest standards of musicianship, artistry and beauty in London and the South East of England. Productions of Der fliegende Holländer, Suor Angelica, Mozart & Salieri, as well as several Opera Gala Nights.
Music Director: Mid Norfolk Singers (2022 - )
The Mid-Norfolk Singers were established in 1946 as an educational evening class. Over the years we have grown in numbers to approximately 85, and have expanded our repertoire as a consequence, but the basis of our constitution remains the same, ‘The education of our members and the general public, in the art and appreciation of choral music’.
Conducting & Choir Tutor / Lecturer: Morley College (2016 - )
Following in the footsteps of Holst and Tippett in holding this post, responsibilities include choir training and conducting over multiple ensembles.
- 2023: St Alban's Symphony Orchestra, Farnborough Symphony Orchestra, Lydian Orchestra
- 2022: The Huntingdonshire Philharmonic, All Aboard Opera, Cambridge Chorale
- 2021: Kensington Philharmonic
- 2020: Rose Opera, CBSO Chorus, Birmingham University Scholars' Choir
- 2019: Cambridge Chorale, Aurai Quartet, Geldart Ensemble, Lydian Orchestra, Lydian Training Orchestra, The Chris Ingham Trio, Southbank Sinfonia, British Youth Opera, Rietman Singers, St John the Divine Kennington, Royal Academy Choir, Stowmarket Chorale, UBS Choir, AON Choir.
- 2018: Berlin Sinfonietta, Halstead Choral Society, St Dominic's Haverstock Hill
- 2017: St Stephen’s Gloucester Road, St Nicholas' Shepperton, I Dodici, The Hollywell Consort, Brighton Festival Chorus, Bury Symphony Orchestra, The Esterhazy Choir.
- 2016: Cambridge Graduate Orchestra, RNCM String Ensemble, Ely Cathedral Choir.
2021: Gains highest ever final recital mark in Conducting Masters at Birmingham University.
Sep 2019: West End debut conducting British Youth Opera
Feb 2017: Conducting debut at Cadogan Hall
June 2015: Debut at Carnegie Hall
Feb 2014: Conducts 3rd UK performance of Lindberg's 'EXPO'
2013: Appointed Scholar of the Queen's Conducting Programme
2013: Awarded CUMS conducting scholarship
2011: Awarded Instrumental Award Scholarship for chamber music (piano) from Cambridge University.
2009: Performs Grieg Piano Concerto with Oxford Symphony Orchestra
Academic research and writing
Academic and Instrumental Tutoring
French and Spanish to GCSE
Have prepared choruses for performance in:
2010 - present
2010 - present
Musical Director: Moving Chamber Choir (2018 - 2023)
Musical Director: Stowmarket Chorale (2020 - 2023)
Annual season of concerts. Highlights include Verdi Requiem and Handel Messiah.
Conductor/Tutor: London Youth Conservatoire (2019 -2021)
Saturday Morning Music Programme for children aged 4 - 18. Responsibilities include running choirs, the school orchestra, supervising chamber music sessions, and tutoring musicianship skills.
Conductor: Our Lady Of The Rosary & St Dominic, Haverstock Hill (2018 - 2021)
A large Catholic church and Diocesan Shrine served by the Dominican Friars. It serves as a Diocesan Shrine for the Archdiocese of Westminster, welcoming pilgrims from all over the United Kingdom as well as visitors from across the globe. The choir sings a weekly Sunday Mass and for major feasts and Holy Days.
Director of Choral Music: Tonbridge Grammar School (2018 - 2020)
Responsibilities include running the school's choirs for a range of performances each term (both external and internal), as well as running 'Music Mondays' group singing sessions in year group assemblies. Performances have included concerts, services, and also being selected to perform at finals of national competitions and festivals.
Assistant Conductor with British Youth Opera (2019)
Scoring a Century by David Blake and directed by Keith Warner. Role included Chorus Mastering, repetiteur work, vocal coaching, assisting Lionel Friend, and conducting the matinee performances.
Assistant to Johannes Wildner (2018)
"Benedict assisted me in a CD recording period with the BBC CO, including compositions by Walter Braunfels with very complicated and complex scores and I have to say, that he was a really big help, not only for me but also for the musicians in the orchestra as well as for the producer."
Chief Conductor: Cambridge University Graduate Orchestra (2016 - 2018)
Full season of concerts and outreach performances including world premiere commissions alongside symphonies, concertos and collaborations with choral societies, children's choirs, and a ballet company.
CBSO Chorus (2018)
- Shadowing Simon Halsey on Debussy's Le Martyre de saint Sébastien.
The Royal Opera House (2016)
- Shadowing Mark Elder through rehearsals and performances of Chabrier's L'étoile.
- Shadowing Antonio Pappano on Boris Godunov.
- Shadowing Ingo Metzmacher on The Nose
Vocal, Choral & General Musicianship Coach: HMDT Music (2017 - 2018)
Youth music project twice winner of the Royal Philharmonic Society Award for Education. Specialising in Musical Theatre and incorporating choral and musicianship training as well as individual coaching (vocal, instrumental, and conducting).
Tenor Lay Clerk: Ely Cathedral (2015 - 2017)
- Singing the regular cycle of Cathedral services. Regular tours, recordings and broadcasts.
The King's School, Ely: Music Theory/Chorister Tutor (2014-15)
- Classroom teaching, music theory tutoring, running several school ensembles, frequent experience as Acting Head of Music, pastoral responsibilities at choristers' boarding house, coaching junior rowing.
Cambridge University Symphony Orchestra: Chief Conductor (2013-15)
- Highlights inc. symphonies by Sibelius & Beethoven; concertos by Finzi & Chopin; ballet music by Tchaikovsky & Prokofiev; the 3rd UK performance of Lindberg's ‘EPXO’ and a sell out performance of Beethoven Symphony No. 9 as part of the orchestra's anniversary celebrations.
University of Cambridge (2011-15)
- Conductor of Cambridge University Concert Orchestra (2013 - 2014)
- Conductor of Cambridge University Wind Orchestra (2013 - 2014)
- Cambridge University New Music Ensemble (2012 - 2015)
- Cambridge University Opera Society (2012)
- Pembroke College Orchestra (2011 - 2012)
St. Peter's Church, Didcot: Organist and Choirmaster (2010-11)
- Regular cycle of sung Eucharists and Evensongs with repertoire from the 16th to the 21st century.
- MA with distinction in Choral Conducting (2020 - 2021) studying under Simon Halsey
- Including highest ever final performance mark for course
Pembroke College, University of Cambridge
- BA(Hons) in Music (2011 - 2014) including first class marks for composition and dissertation on Stockhausen.
- MA March 2018
Conducting Courses and Master Classes
Ennio Nicotra (The Ilya Musin Society) (2021)
Prof. Johannes Wildner (Vienna University of Music and Arts) (2018)
- Including Competition success leading to concert with RNCM students.
Private Study: Toby Purser (2014-16)
Sherborne Summer School: The George Hurst Advanced Conductors' Course (2014)
Rodolfo Saglimbeni, Denise Ham, Toby Purser.
Queens' College Conducting Programme: Conducting Scholar (2013-14)
Carlos Izcaray: Masterclass (2014)
Peter Stark: Conducting Course (2013)
Andrew Gourlay: Masterclass (2013)
- Dip.ABRSM in Music Direction
- Shortlisted for the course prize.